ACT for Seniors, helps seniors, their families and caregivers by training local community senior advocates to assist with improving seniors’ quality of life.
Getting answers and becoming knowledgeable can mean …
- Remaining in one’s home opposed to being placed in a nursing home
- Not having to miss medical appointments nor going without needed medication
- Avoiding tragic consequences of elder abuse
- Prevent or decrease severity of chronic diseases and medication errors
- Life improving solutions leading to better quality of life
Quality of life for seniors shouldn’t be totally dependent on government programs and cut backs
Together we can ACT:
Advocacy – Advocate and represent senior issues
Communication – Communicate regularly with community senior advocates to assist with seniors’ needs and concerns
Training – Train local individuals with an interest and passion to help seniors in their communities by providing information on aging programs, resources, and incorporating a TEAM Approach to Healthy Aging. We encourage seniors or anyone seeking answers to senior issues to attend the seminars.